GMC disowned a possible compact crossoverAugust 23, 2019
The company officially announced the absence of any plans to enter the compact crossover segment. So far, the brand will focus on its premium products and the new AT4 line of options.
GMC Granite is a compact crossover with good off-road performance, which was introduced as a concept in 2010 at the Detroit Auto Show. Already in 2011, the company was going to release a production version, but this did not happen. In 2015, the brand re-registered the name “Granite”, and now this is happening again.
Rumors indicate the company’s willingness to engage in compact crossovers for market share, and experts decided to find out the details in the company itself. According to Mark Alger, Regional Marketing Manager at GMC Canada, in the foreseeable future, the compact crossover model will not:
“I will give you a definite answer – NO. We are positioning the GMC brand as a premium car manufacturer. In the near future, the company will focus on existing products, as well as on the new AT4 add-on line for all models. ”
Now we know for sure that GMC does not want to produce a subcompact crossover to compete with the Jeep Renegade, Honda HR-V, Ford EcoSport and Nissan Kicks.
- 1991 Ford Bronco, which has not been removed from the factory film, is for sale
- A prototype of the updated Honda Accord 2021 was spotted on tests
- Hyundai will have a division to develop walking machines
- Tesla Model 3 for the police paid for itself in a year
- Chery Arrizo Star showed ample customization options