GMC company is going to revive Jimmy SUVJune 23, 2019
With this move, the American automaker is going to compete with the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Bronco.
On the eve of the information appeared that the American company GMC plans to revive the production of its SUV Jimmy. Recall that this model was discontinued more than 10 years ago. According to the publication Car & Driver, the start of production can be started as early as 2022. The basis of the SUV will form the frame platform from Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Detailed technical information about the new product yet.
But most likely under the hood Jimmy will be a 3.6-liter V6 engine with a power of 308 horsepower. The variant with a diesel engine for 186 horses and a torque of 500 Nm is also possible.
Official confirmation of the revival of Jimmy yet. Recently, however, GM is very actively engaged in the development of its SUVs. Recently, photo spies were able to film a modified version of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. In addition, GM announced $ 1 billion in investments in a Colorado and Canyon model plant. It is expected that these funds will also go to the adjustment of the production of the new Jimmy.
Earlier, new images of the mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette C8 appeared on the Web, the presentation of which is scheduled for July 18 of the current year.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery