GM will cease production of Chevrolet Aveo in 2020July 10, 2020
The American concern continues to discontinue automobiles.
The American concern General Motors began discontinuing sedans and hatchbacks in the fall of 2018. Then, “under the knife” went Cadillac XTS, Buick LaCrosse, Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Impala and Chevrolet Volt. Now it’s the turn of the Chevrolet Sonic, which in some other markets is known as Aveo.
According to the press service of GM, the production of Aveo will cease in October this year, and in 2021 the model will appear on the market in the form of a fully electric car under the name Chevrolet Bolt EUV. The novelty will be an enlarged version of the already famous Chevrolet Bolt EV.
As it became known, the reason for the cessation of production of the Chevrolet Sonic / Aveo was the low and constantly falling demand. So, in 2014, about 100,000 cars were sold, and in 2019 GM sold less than 14,000 cars.
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled
- Genesis has published the first official photos of the crossover GV70