GM sues FCA again

GM sues FCA again

September 17, 2020 0 By autotimesnews

General Motors has again filed a number of charges against its rival Fiat Chrysler in the US court of Michigan.

Late last year, GM sued FCA for the first time on corruption and bribery charges against United Auto Workers. In short, Fiat Chrysler could have gotten a better job position than GM through union bribes. GM would have to pay more employees and suffer financially as a result. However, in early July, the judge ruled in favor of the FCA.

General Motors, led by Mary Barr, then announced that it would take further steps, which it did now. GM is now identifying specific banks involved in transferring bribes from FCA to UAW and will release two names: Joe Ashton and Alphonse Jacobelli. Ashton is said to have played the dual role of a former UAW and GM employee. Jacobelli, formerly in charge of human resources at FCA, would move from FCA to GM as a “spy.” By making the allegations more specific, General Motors hopes that the judge will take another look at everything and be satisfied.

After a judge dismissed previous charges, Fiat Chrysler, led by Michael Manley, said: “We will continue to defend ourselves firmly and take proportionate steps, including sanctions, against GM’s unreasonable attempts to damage our reputation.” FCA previously spoke of “unfounded accusations with the aim of attacking a competitor that performs better in the market.” Former UAW President Ron Gettelfinger also hit GM hard, stating, “I may have retired, but I’m not dead yet. I will not sit quietly on the sidelines while GM deliberately and unreasonably attacks me. “