GM plans to use the Zora name for the top-end Corvette C8June 7, 2020
According to GM Authority, General Motors plans to use the Zora name for the top-end version of the Chevrolet Corvette C8.
It should be noted that the Zora trademark was invented in honor of Zachary Arkus Duntov, who developed the first Chevy Corvette. This engineer has always been a supporter of mid-engine layout, so it is logical that it is the flagship version of the Corvette with this layout that will be named after the legendary designer, whose ashes were buried in the Corvette Museum in Kentucky after his death in 1996.
Recall that for the first time the American group registered the name Zora in 2014. At the same time, the corporation last extended the rights to this name on February 14 of this year.
According to assumptions, the top-end modification of the C8 – Corvette Zora – will be located above the C8 Z06 and C8 ZR1 models. Novelty should get a hybrid powertrain, consisting of a 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8 LT7 and an electric motor. The performance of the power plant will be 1000 hp. and 1000 Nm of torque.
At the same time, GM has not yet begun to comment on this information. Corvette Zora is expected to debut before the end of 2023.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles