Giovinazzi and Elbon allowed to startApril 14, 2019
Antonio Giovinazzi and Alexander Elbon could not drive a fast lap during qualifying in Shanghai, but given their results in training, the stewards allowed the riders to start the race.
Giovinazzi will start the last, and Elbon will start the race from the pit lane after his car, assembled after a morning accident on another chassis, passes a technical inspection on Sunday morning.
- Electrification is gaining momentum: Volkswagen ID.3 nearly overtakes Golf
- BMW abandons a number of international events
- Volkswagen will cut production in Germany in February due to a shortage of microchips
- Genesis brings new items to Europe
- Kia’s new electric crossover could become the brand’s best-selling electric vehicle in Europe