Gerard de Rooy will miss Dakar 2020October 21, 2019
Gerard de Rooy, two-time Dakar winner in the truck category, will miss the 2020 rally marathon, which will be held January 5-17 in Saudi Arabia.
Since the beginning of this year, the Dutchman has had back problems. He remained in service and last Dakar finished in third place, losing only to KAMAZ-master riders Eduard Nikolaev and Dmitry Sotnikov. But after the Rally of Morocco in early October, de Rooy decided not to ride the 42nd edition of the planet’s main rally raid.
“Nothing so serious, but I would not want to take risks so that it does not get worse. Due to the fact that several vertebrae at the top of the back are fixed, the load on the lower vertebrae has increased. That’s why a hernia formed, – quotes de Roy Championship.com. – In everyday life there are almost no problems with this. Everything is under control, and I am able to do almost anything. But playing in a rally would be a problem. In tests in Morocco, I noticed that after several days there was pain. ”
- Described the only way Schumacher communicates with the outside world
- Allard sports car production resumed after 62 years
- Hyundai Tucson N images appeared on the web
- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix
- Ford Mondeo successor could be such an off-road station wagon