Genesis G70 Demonstrates UpdatesMay 4, 2020
The new “two lines” motif echoes the design of the older brothers: G80 and G90.
Recently, the luxury division of Hyundai has done a lot of work, given the release of new sedans, while working to further expand the range. It’s about updating an existing family member, the Genesis G70 sedan.
Even though it is hidden behind a surprisingly large amount of camouflage, Genesis intentionally left open areas of headlights and taillights to reveal a new split-light in front and rear. We see only small fragments of the new style, but this “two lines” motif will allow the first-class South Korean brand to stand out among its competitors, and it is expected that this element will appear on almost all new models in the coming years.
The restyled G70, most likely, will debut closer to the end of the year with improvements both inside the cabin and under the hood. The luxury sedan is expected to receive a new infotainment system, an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and a 2.5-liter turbocharged gasoline engine that will replace the current 2.0-liter powerplant.
Genesis recently admitted that the G70 station wagon is under consideration, which, according to experts, it would be advisable to launch in Europe, as a “belated” way to compete with German brands.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious