General Motors will launch a conveyor for the assembly of electric carsSeptember 17, 2020
The main goal is not only the assembly of electric cars, but also the production of components for them.
General Motors plans to launch its electric car assembly line, dubbed the Ultium EV. This became known on Wednesday, September 16. The new production line will assemble various parts and components, in particular electric motors and electric all-wheel drive systems.
GM is confident that this approach will improve efficiency, use resources more efficiently and provide greater flexibility. The company also plans its global developments in the field of electric cars, and in this case, its own production is a prerequisite. After launch, General Motors plans to compete with Tesla in the electric car market.
General Motors said the electric drive system will consist of an engine, gearbox and battery, which should impact efficiency and range.
Earlier it became known that the GMC division will present the updated Hummer on October 20, 2020. The concern has already shown teasers and a new logo for a large car. Now the work of the system has been demonstrated, which is called “crab mode”
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV