General Motors SUVs can get turbocharged enginesFebruary 11, 2021
The MotorTrend portal writes about this with reference to its own sources in the concern General Motors.
According to published data, the new SUVs Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade may receive turbocharged engines. Interestingly, these cars are currently powered by the already powerful V8, so where else? According to the source, this will happen because General Motors can afford it.
Thus, all of the above models can easily get an additional 200 hp, or even much more, simply by installing a supercharger. In this case, the manufacturer focuses on the Dodge Durango Hellcat and Jeep Trackhawk SUVs, which have over 700 hp. under the hood and are in good demand in the United States.
In the end, while it is possible to produce large cars with powerful motors, we need to act. It is not for nothing that the American government fined Volkswagen AG for falsifying the emission readings of 1.9-liter diesel engines. In the case of GM, everything will be fair – more than 600 hp. from 6-liter engines.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts