General Motors stops production of Chevrolet AveoJanuary 22, 2019
Another passenger car, known in the United States as the Chevrolet Sonic, will go out of production with the Buick and Cadillac models, according to foreign publications.
General Motors told about their plans in November 2018. For example, they are going to close eight production sites (including in the USA) and get rid of several unprofitable models. Thus, the manufacturer wants to free up opportunities for more promising cars – electric cars and UAVs.
The official list of outgoing models includes: Cadillac CT6, Cadillac XTS, Buick LaCrosse, Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Chevrolet Impala. In addition, the American media found out that this year the subcompact Chevy Sonic subcompact hatchbacks and sedans will get under the GM distribution.
This model is made at the company in Detroit, where they also produce electric cars Chevrolet Volt and prototypes of unmanned vehicles. It is reported that the plant itself will not be closed, but the production of Sonic will be closed.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily