General Motors is losing ground amid falling sales in the US marketFebruary 9, 2019
According to the results of January 2019, sales of new cars in the USA fell by 1%, but the total number of cars sold is impressive – 1,146,972 cars in the segment of passenger and off-road models.
According to the Automotive News Data Center, General Motors retains its leadership in January, selling 1,84860 cars, which represented a 6.9% drop in sales compared to last year’s results. The second was the concern Ford, which sold only 171,763 cars in America, having managed to increase sales by 7.1%. The third in the improvised ranking remains Toyota, traditionally in demand, and selling 156,021 cars (-6.6%).
The fourth result showed Fiat Chrysler Group – 137007 cars, which is 2.5% higher than a year ago. Honda closes the top five – last month American dealers of the brand sold 106139 cars (+ 1.5%).
The report also notes that the results of January allowed analysts to calculate the approximate level of the market in 2019. It is estimated that around 16,900,000 vehicles will be sold, but the data are extremely preliminary and are for reference only.
- The consequences of towing a car in parking mode were shown in the photo
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI