General Motors and LG Chem plan to build new battery plant for electric carsMarch 8, 2021
General Motors and LG Chem will build a new facility.
Information appeared on the Web that General Motors, together with South Korean LG Chem, is going to build another enterprise for the production of batteries for electric cars in the United States.
It is assumed that the state of Tennessee will be chosen as the site for construction, and the final decision on the construction of the plant will be made in the first half of this year.
It is known that the new plant is estimated at about $ 2.3 billion. General Motors and LG Chem are currently building a facility in Ohio. The company’s intention to build this plant was announced at the end of 2019. The plant’s capacities will make it possible to assemble batteries for hundreds of thousands of electric cars a year.
- Tesla wants to license its autopilot software
- Rimac said he would do with the purchased Bugatti
- The queue for the Toyota Land Cruiser stretches for 4 years
- Mazda patented eight new brands
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to officially debut on October 26