Geely’s big budget has huge plans for LotusJanuary 12, 2019
After the Chinese concern bought a British company of supercars, almost no changes occurred. Now some plans of a small but well-known company have become known.
The famous British manufacturer of sports cars was bought by Geely back in 2017, and Geely is actively developing Volvo and a completely new brand Polestar, then Lotus is only in the plans. Despite the fact that the company has not yet announced any specifics, but thanks to the huge investments it will turn into a trustworthy competitor Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche.
“We have huge ambitions for Lotus,” a Geely spokesman said, hinting that the company will actively develop in the Chinese and American markets. The previous CEO of Lotus, Jean-Marc Geiles, spoke about Geely’s big investments before he left last September. These incoming investments are thought to pave the way for the new electrified hypercar and the new SUV.
In addition to huge investments, the company boasts an expansion of staff. At the moment, more than 100 vacancies are open, affecting people with experience in working with hybrid and electric car systems.
Meanwhile, Lotus is preparing an electric hypercar with all-wheel drive for 2019. The network announced the future hypercar Lotus Omega, which debut could take place as early as next year.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles