Geely is going to buy back a stake in Aston MartinJanuary 13, 2020
According to Reuters, the volume of sales of the stake will help Aston Martin improve its market position.
Chinese holding company Geely plans to acquire a stake in premium car maker Aston Martin. In the current period, discussions are underway on this issue, as well as a comprehensive assessment of the business.
Currently, the largest shareholders of the British brand are: an Italian investment fund under the name Investindustrial Advisors Ltd., which has a 38.8% stake, a Kuwaiti entrepreneur – 10.7%, and also the American company Advisers, Inc. – 9.18%.
For Geely, ownership of part of Aston Martin’s shares will be a profitable prospect, since the corporation in this case will be able to adopt the production technology of the premium brand.
It should be noted that the assets of the Chinese company already have stocks of brands like Lotus, Volvo, Lynk & Co and Proton. And the year before last, the Chinese brand bought almost a tenth of the assets of the Daimler concern.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily