Garmin’s new navigator to guide driversSeptember 4, 2020
The device can be useful for drivers looking to improve lap times in races.
Garmin’s new navigator will be able to provide cornering advice to the driver. This was achieved thanks to accurate GPS positioning. Now the navigator can record the configuration of the race track, analyze it and prompt the driver in real time on how to improve the travel time.
It is reported that the Garmin Catalyst is able to combine track data from the Internet and the driving style of a particular person, in order to then give a couple of practical advice on the passage of certain corners. In addition, the device is able to shoot a video about the passage of the route and then synchronize it with the received data for further analysis.
To ensure positioning accuracy, Garmin Catalyst uses a camera, built-in accelerometer and high-resolution tracker with a 10 Hz refresh rate. The cost of such a device is $ 999.
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?
- Lotus partner to create lithium-sulfur battery for luxury boat
- See the giant Mad Max snow blower for Pikes Peak