GAC-NIO presents the new brand Hycan and the concept electric SUVMay 29, 2019
The fact that the joint venture GAC-NIO will launch a new brand of electric vehicles, it became known in April. Now there are fresh details.
The young joint venture GAC-NIO presented a new brand Hycan, which will be located between two major Chinese brands. According to autoexpert forecasts, the first cars of the brand will be released in the first half of 2020. For this, the GAC and the NIO startup promise to maximize their efforts. Also, do not forget about the cooperation of GAC-NIO with Bosch and Huawei – such a friendship can turn into a truly innovative project. In the meantime, the concern made a debut to its conceptual electric SUV.
According to preliminary information, the GAC NEX industrial park in Guangzhou, China will be engaged in the production of cars with the Hycan logo. Its construction will be completed in January next year. The company plans to produce 400 thousand cars annually.
Recall, GAC-NIO was officially founded last April. But an agreement on strategic cooperation and the launch of a project on the development of electric cars between the two companies was signed in December 2017.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km