Fritz van Amersfoort: Mick Schumacher lacks the father’s genesJanuary 28, 2019
Mick Schumacher does not reach the level of natural talent for his father, said Fritz van Amersfoort, boss of Van Amersfoort Racing team, who worked with the son of the sevenfold Formula 1 world champion in German F4 in 2015.
“If Max Verstappen [who became the bronze medalist of European F3 with Van Amersfoort Racing in 2014] can rely on his genes, then Mick doesn’t have enough of it and has a lot to learn. At the same time, at a certain moment, he did not have such support from his father as that of Verstappen. Therefore, I believe that he needs to pay tribute. Like Mick’s father, Mick is open, honest, attentive and willing to work hard on himself, ”van Amersfoort said in an interview with the Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad. – If this year he will spend a mediocre season in Formula 2, then he can calmly stay for another season. Give him time, and so he is under immense pressure. To expect him to reach his father’s level is too much. ”
- Tesla will accelerate the acceleration of its electric cars for $ 2,000
- One of 15 Porsche sports cars will be sold at auction for 280,000 euros
- Chinese Qoros to bring “prophetic” concept to Beijing
- Hyundai Tucson crossover will become a hallmark for the brand
- Charged Ford Mustang Mach-E GT arrives in Europe