French startup has started developing a powerbank trailer for an electric carFebruary 20, 2020
French startup EP Tender has begun the development of 60 kWh powerbank trailers that will allow you to charge an electric car on the go.
It is reported by electrek.
According to EP-Tender CEO Jean-Baptiste Segard, the main goal of the device is to help electric car drivers who drive long distances.
“There are not as many charging stations as we would like, so the owners of electric cars are often limited in their movements,” he said.
The company says that when using a trailer with the popular Renault Zoe electric car, which has a range of about 200 miles (more than 320 km) on a single charge, the autonomy of the electric car more than doubles.
It is noted that it will be possible to buy such a paverbank for 11 thousand dollars, the company also expects to lease them on routes that are not equipped with charging stations.
Representatives of the company said that it is possible to upgrade existing models of electric vehicles for working with trailers for $ 650. The startup is in talks with Renault, Citroen and Peugeot.
- Mercedes completes production of current generation S-Class
- Cristiano Ronaldo bought Bugatti Centodieci for 10 million euros
- Porsche 911 Turbo S will be lighter and sportier
- Named prices for the hybrid version of the BMW 330e
- Details about the new Volkswagen Arteon modifications became known.