Formula E electric battery supplier will launch rival Tesla Model SDecember 5, 2019
An American company called Lucid Motors has begun construction of an electric car manufacturing enterprise and promises to build an rival for the Tesla Model S next year.
It should be emphasized that Lucid Motors, which supplies batteries for Formula E electric cars, has begun the construction of a factory where it will assemble its electric cars. The new enterprise will appear in Arizona, and by 2029, 4,800 jobs will be opened on it.
The debut novelty of the brand Lucid Motors will be the electric sedan Air, which is due to be released in 2020. The car has already begun to take pre-orders. As emphasized, in the cabin of the new model will immediately appear 4 tablets, one on the center console, and three in front of the motorist.
The novelty will acquire two electric engines with a total capacity of 1000 hp. Up to 96 km / h, Lucid Air can accelerate in 2.5 seconds and accelerate to 350 km / h as much as possible. On one charge, the car will be able to cover a distance of 644 km. The company plans to sell 20,000 car units annually.
In addition, it was recently noted that a motorist from Austria cannot get rid of a broken Tesla Model S, since no local company undertakes to dispose of an electric vehicle that was damaged in an accident.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant