Formula 1: Next season may revise the format of qualificationsMarch 30, 2019
The strategic group discussed with the owners of the championship a new distribution of seats at the start and the appearance of the fourth segment in the qualification.
This week there was a meeting where Liberty Media and F-1 Strategic Group, among other things, looked at the updated format of the Saturday session, which includes four selection stages. There is a high probability that changes will be made in the next season.
The plan is as follows: four drivers will be eliminated in the first three segments, and in the fourth, final, eight best pilots will be able to pass. It is assumed that this will make the fight on the track more hot.
But this idea is still at the development stage, since the situation with tires is unclear: which participants will use and at which the first eight will start. This question remains relevant because Pirelli is not too eager to bring additional sets of rubber to the Grand Prix.
- Images of a futuristic Suzuki car appeared on the network
- BMW M3 station wagon spotted in tests
- Top Gear’s Stig racer shows what the Lamborghini Urus is capable of
- New 2021 Cadillac Escalade can be driven despite windshield
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S vs. tuned BMW X3 Competition