Former Opel CEO to Manage Mitsubishi Europe OfficeJanuary 22, 2020
The Japanese automaker has appointed former Opel top manager Eric Vepier to lead European operations.
51-year-old Vepierre will replace Bernard Loire, who joined Maserati as Commercial Director. He will take office on February 1, just at the time when Mitsubishi was attacked by German prosecutors investigating emissions scams among automakers.
Vepierre, a French citizen, is a 30-year-old veteran of the automotive industry. He worked for many years in the European division of Chevrolet, held the position of Director of Marketing, and then in 2013 became the head of Opel France.
Recall that earlier the Frankfurt prosecutor’s office said that it suspects Mitsubishi of using illegal devices devices in diesel engines, allowing to underestimate the real performance of engines.
Mitsubishi sold 136,218 cars in Europe in the first 11 months of last year, which is 4.4% more than a year earlier, according to JATO Dynamics.
- Ford Edge gets a new multimedia system
- Hennessey Upgrades Ford Bronco SUV
- How does a BMW i8 sports car sound without artificial engine noise?
- Rare Toyota 2000GT 1967 left-hand drive sold for $ 912,500
- Toyota recalls 1.5 million cars from owners