Former Land Rover & Nissan launch e-scooter brand in UKJanuary 13, 2021
Former Nissan and Land Rover employees Tony Lewis and John Edwards launched the Silence scooter line.
Former Land Rover SVO chief John Edwards and former Nissan sales chief Tony Lewis intend to start selling Silence electric scooters in the UK, according to the release. There will be four models of electric scooters on the market.
The scooter with the longest range is able to travel up to 150 kilometers on a single charge. All models can be charged from a regular mains supply. The manufacturer estimates the cost of maintaining one such scooter at £ 1 per 160 kilometers.
It is worth noting that scooters under the Silence brand have been supplied to European markets for quite some time. Thus, last year the company sold more than 21,000 of these vehicles worldwide. UK scooter prices will start at £ 2,695.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed