Ford will fire 12,000 employees in EuropeJune 28, 2019
The American company will have to say goodbye to 20% of employees in European divisions. This is due to the global restructuring of the concern, and the bulk of the dismissed will be in the UK, Germany and Russia.
American concern Ford continues large-scale business restructuring and group optimization. At the moment, it is known about the company’s intention to leave in Europe 18 of the 24 plants. This will happen before the end of 2020. Closing plants will not go without consequences. In total, about 20% of the European staff will be laid off, which is about 12,000 workwers.
While the company does not disclose information on the course of negotiations with the trade unions of closing plants. It can be assumed that all employees will receive a decent severance pay.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version