Ford will abandon the city model Ka by the end of the year.April 13, 2019
Ford Ka sales in Europe are not as good compared to some of its competitors, such as the Renault Twingo or the larger, but much cheaper Dacia Sandero. As a result, the model can be discontinued before the end of the year.
However, low sales are not the only reason for this decision, since withdrawing the Ka from the model range will obviously improve Ford’s average indicators of CO2 emissions to the atmosphere. Against this background, the introduction of new hybrid models, such as Explorer PHEV, can help reduce overall corporate emissions.
At the moment, the information is not officially confirmed, but if Ford still refuses to Ka, the Fiesta will take the place of the entry-level model of the American automaker. It is possible that Ford will also simplify the Fiesta to make a cheaper initial version.
Note that the updated Ford Ka is sold with two versions of power plants – a 1.2-liter gasoline engine with 69 horsepower and 102 Nm, as well as a 1.3-liter diesel engine with 75 hp and 145 Nm. Moreover, the improvement of their environmental performance will lead to a significant increase in the cost of the car.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests