Ford shuts down dealers and move onlineMarch 12, 2020
Ford’s European division, in order to optimize costs, resorted to strategic steps involving the closure of a huge number of dealerships. For example, in the UK, the company’s largest market, 180 out of 400 existing dealerships may close.
The head of Ford of Europe Stuart Rowley did not voice the total number of car dealerships that could be liquidated, but noted that “this will be the right decision.”
As the top manager emphasized, this will increase the profitability of the brand and have a positive impact on sales, since the development of the distribution network requires costs that are laid down in the final result in the price of a car.
Some dealers, which will be “reduced”, will focus on after-sales service. The American automaker will also pay increased attention to companies selling commercial vehicles of the Transit family, since it believes that thanks to these cars people can work and provide for their own families.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles