Ford shuts down dealers and move onlineMarch 12, 2020
Ford’s European division, in order to optimize costs, resorted to strategic steps involving the closure of a huge number of dealerships. For example, in the UK, the company’s largest market, 180 out of 400 existing dealerships may close.
The head of Ford of Europe Stuart Rowley did not voice the total number of car dealerships that could be liquidated, but noted that “this will be the right decision.”
As the top manager emphasized, this will increase the profitability of the brand and have a positive impact on sales, since the development of the distribution network requires costs that are laid down in the final result in the price of a car.
Some dealers, which will be “reduced”, will focus on after-sales service. The American automaker will also pay increased attention to companies selling commercial vehicles of the Transit family, since it believes that thanks to these cars people can work and provide for their own families.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors