Ford recalls about 322 thousand cars in EuropeSeptember 24, 2019
The American automaker announced the recall of about 322 thousand cars in Europe, whose batteries could potentially catch fire due to acid leakage.
As stated in the document the models Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy, released between February 2014 and February 2019, are subject to recall.
The company noted that the leakage of electrolyte from the batteries around the negative terminal may lead to failure of the sensor of the battery monitoring system. As a result, the battery may overheat and cause a fire.
According to a company representative, 101 thousand cars will be recalled in Germany, and 56 thousand in the UK. All other cars were sold out in other key brand markets, with the exception of Russia.
Recall that Ford produces the Mondeo sedan, as well as S-Max and Galaxy minivans at its factory in Valencia, Spain. Automobile production was localized on our market.
- Tesla wants to license its autopilot software
- Rimac said he would do with the purchased Bugatti
- The queue for the Toyota Land Cruiser stretches for 4 years
- Mazda patented eight new brands
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to officially debut on October 26