Ford Ranger pickup tows 20 caravansJanuary 25, 2019
The updated Ford Ranger pickup truck was able to tow a caravan of 20 trailers 100 meters long and weighing about 20 tons.
Ford has posted a video showing how the updated Ranger compact pickup truck tows 20 caravans. The mass of the caravan with a length of about 100 meters was approximately 20 tons.
The video was filmed on a public road not far from the British Millbrook test site. Pickup was run by English racer and test driver Paul Swift, who admitted that it was the slowest, but at the same time one of the most difficult stunts in his career.
The top version of the updated Ford Ranger for the European market is equipped with a two-liter diesel engine with two turbines, developing 213 liters. with. and 500 Nm of torque. The motor is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. Ford calls the updated Ranger the most passable car in its segment. The angle of entry was 29 degrees, the congress – 21 degrees, and the depth of the ford to be overcome – up to 800 millimeters.
- Dodge Demon staged a desert race with the new Toyota Supra
- Mazda will present at the Los Angeles Auto Show several new models
- BMW confirms support for Jaguar Land Rover
- All-wheel drive Fiat 500X Sport Edition will show in Los Angeles
- New MINI JCW GP and SE debut in Los Angeles