Ford proposed to replace people with couriers robotsMay 29, 2019
Ford and the company Agility Robotics have come up with a delivery robot that could be paired with a courier service drone. It is assumed that the symbiosis of the autonomous van and android will completely abandon the people of couriers.
Developed by Agility Robotics, the biped Digit robot can carry loads of up to 18 kilograms. He is able to bypass obstacles, climb and descend the stairs, and also does not lose balance in collisions. Such mechanisms could be used by courier services at the final and most difficult stage of delivery – from a drone parked on the road to the doors of the recipient’s house.
In an inactive state, the Digit is placed in the trunk of the drone. For movement, he uses his own set of sensors and cameras, but can also connect to the car, which, after a stop, makes a map of the area and makes the best route for the robot. In difficult situations, access to a cloud computing platform also helps to find a solution.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery