Ford patented an electric F-150 with four electric motorsDecember 6, 2019
The Mach-E Club forum has circulated information about the new Ford patent for the F-150 electric pickup.
The patent describes a platform having additional cross members that enable the safe installation of electric vehicle batteries. The patent states that: “The added shear strength and structural rigidity provided by the lower plate and the central transverse elements also help to reduce the gauge or wall thickness of the left and right frame rails in comparison with a traditional body on a car frame.”
Image was taken from the open database of the US Patent Office. According to experts, the pickup can get electric motors on each axis or on all wheels.
For the first time, the American automaker announced plans to develop an electric variation of the F-150 at the beginning of the year. Ford’s director of electrification, Ted Cannis, hinted that such a machine could go out in 2021.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air