Ford patented a drone for the carOctober 14, 2019
The US Patent and Trademark Office has received an application for a compact drone for cars. The innovative idea belongs to Ford Corporation.
This quadrocopter can be programmed to track a specific car when it moves along the highway, and if an accident occurs or a breakdown, the drone will inform the emergency services about the location of the car. At the same time, the dimensions of the drone allow you to store it in the trunk of a car.
According to the manufacturer, the use of the new quadrocopter is provided on most models of cars – from trucks to off-road vehicles.
It is currently unknown when the US company will begin implementing this useful option. The new development will be aimed at improving road safety.
In addition, Ford recently announced that the life of the drones will be only 4 years.
- Back to the Future car to be revived with electricity
- Tesla has cut prices for Model 3 in Europe
- Updated Buick Enclave unveiled in pictures
- Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat sold out
- Tesla sales increase 63% in California