Ford Mustang crossover will fight Tesla Model YMarch 22, 2019
As expected, both models will be released at the end of next year. Like the Tesla crossover, the new crossover, which will be built on the basis of the Ford Mustang, will be completely electric.
The head of Ford in the United States, Joe Hinriks, said: “The company is rapidly approaching the production of an electric crossover inspired by the Mustang, which will arrive at dealerships next year at about the same time Tesla will launch the first copies of the Model Y.”
The cost of the Tesla Model Y starts at $ 39,000. Electric Ford prices are still unknown. Specifications and name does not yet reveal. It is only known that the crossover will not be called Mach 1. It will be focused on performance. The range of travel will exceed 480 km.
It should be noted that while Tesla is one of the few companies represented in the segment of electric models. In 2020, the manufacturer may face serious competition.
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages
- Drag racing – VW Golf R 2021 versus the “charged” Audi RS6 Avant wagon
- Drag racing – powerful sedan Mercedes-AMG E63 S versus the “charged” station wagon Audi RS6
- Toyota patents new twin-turbo V8 engine
- Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup prototype spotted in New York