Ford Maverick will be turned into a pickupAugust 16, 2020
The relevant data was published online.
Ford is continuing its course of installing a cargo platform on all of its SUVs. The next in line will be the 2022 Ford Maverick, which will receive not only a body like a classic pickup, but also a small sliding rear window.
Among other things, the novelty will acquire an all-metal body and a 2-liter engine with 162 hp. from the basic version of Ford Transit Connect. In addition, the pickup will receive a bonnet in the style of the recently unveiled Ford Bronco. Interestingly, the Maverick pickup will not have a frame, which will be noted by residents of metropolitan areas who want a roomy car and do not want to look for parking for large cars or overpay for fuel.
The Maverick pickup is expected to receive a single-row cab for the first time, making it a fairly compact model, while the size of the cargo platform is not known. The two-row version is rumored to be 60cm shorter than the mid-size Ford Ranger.
- Tuned Porsche 944 will be sold at auction
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled