Ford is preparing a new small crossover for EuropeJanuary 20, 2019
All-wheel drive based on the Ford Fiesta will replace the compact Ford EcoSport SUV this year.
Ford claims that SUVs and crossovers will have priority in production in the near future. This will allow the company to receive permanent profits on the continent, to which the Blue Oval has been striving for the last twenty years.
And one of the main innovations will be a compact SUV, which will replace the popular EcoSport and will be produced in Romania. According to first estimates, this machine may be called Puma. Moreover, the readiness of the project is such that Ford will present a new product in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The second off-road novelty will be the second generation of Ford Kuga, which passes road tests. According to preliminary data, this car will be available in the second half of the year, and it will be built at a factory in Valencia, Spain.
Ford sold a record number of SUVs in Europe last year – 250,000, which is one fifth of all brand sales. At the same time, the Ford Kuga is the only crossover made in Europe that brought the brand profit. All the rest is earned mainly by commercial transport.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV