Ford has updated the legendary Mustang and Shelby GT500September 9, 2020
The American automaker has announced some minor updates for the ever-popular Mustang, as well as the 2021 Mustang GT and Shelby GT500.
According to a press release, the three models will be available to order in the new Antimatter Blue, Carbonized Gray and Grabber Yellow colors. In addition, the Shelby GT500 is available with a carbon fiber package. This package includes 20-inch wheels painted in black, a retractable roof and braided front splitter.
Those familiar with the 2020 Shelby GT500 know that it is available with a Carbon Fiber Track Pack and a separate trim package. In the updated model, the new package combines the functionality of the old modifications. What’s unclear is whether the Carbon Fiber Track Pack and Handling Pack will be offered in 2021 as well.
In any case, Ford added that all EcoBoost 5.0-liter V8 Mustangs will get the Ford Co-Pilot360 feature out of the box. This includes automatic high beams, a rearview camera and blind spot monitoring, lane control, and automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection. The most significant update to the 2021 Mustang is the availability of the Mach 1.
- Buick unveils Envision Plus crossover and Verano Pro sedan
- Ford Evos has become a versatile SUV with an ultra-wide screen
- Fabio Cuartararo won the Portuguese MotoGP Grand Prix, Marquez 7th in first race since return
- Toyota unveils 2022 bZ4X electric crossover concept
- Lexus ES 2022 showcases updated exterior and new touchscreen