Ford has doubted the quality of its Mustang Mach-EJanuary 19, 2021
Ford executives should be jubilant as the 2021 Mustang Mach-E was recently named North American Car of the Year. However, the car has problems.
Customers who ordered this model recently received an email informing them that their vehicle was delayed. The not-so-informative message said, “We’ll need more time to get you satisfied before your Mustang Mach-E arrives.”
The company did not explain the reason for the delay, but several participants in the Mach-E forum reported that shipments had been delayed by more than a month. Some of these buyers expected to pick up their crossover soon and are slightly resentful for the lack of explanation.
“As part of our vehicle delivery commitment, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built prior to shipping to dealerships last month,” the company said later.
The statement is still rather vague, but it is clear that the Mach-E suffers from quality issues. Sadly, Ford did not say what they were looking into and told the Detroit Free Press that some shipments could be delayed for up to 8 weeks.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web