Ford, GM and Fiat Chrysler will close their plants in the United StatesMarch 18, 2020
Automobile corporations Ford, General Motors (GM) and Fiat Chrysler intend to close their plants in the United States due to the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Officially, Ford and General Motors have reported this so far, reports AP.
Ford said that the plants will be closed after the evening shifts on Thursday March 30th.
In turn, General Motors will begin a “systematic orderly suspension” of production until at least March 30th.
No official statements have yet been received from Fiat Chrysler, information about the closure was disseminated by the American media, citing a source. On the eve of the general director Mary Barra noted that the company is taking emergency precautions in factories.
According to the latest data, 8,019 cases of coronavirus infection have been recorded in the United States. Of these, 106 were cured and 124 died.
- The head of Tesla advertises the electric motor of the new supercar Tesla Roadster
- General Motors will release a low-cost 9-seater car
- Subaru introduced in Japan the updated crossover Forester 2022
- Jeep officially opens new plant in Detroit
- Tesla may start accepting Bitcoin payments again