Ford faces criminal investigationApril 30, 2019
The US Department of Justice intends to conduct a criminal investigation against Ford. Questions are available for certification of emissions, which the company said in February. Then Ford found out that the company could use incorrect mathematical models to determine fuel consumption.
“We voluntarily reported this to the US Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board. Subsequently, the US Department of Justice opened a criminal case on this issue, ”reports Ford.
It should be noted that the manufacturer expected such a development of events. He notified all state and federal regulators in advance, and also said that he was ready to cooperate with all parties to the investigation.
“Since this issue is still at a preliminary stage, we cannot predict the result and cannot guarantee that it will not have a significant adverse impact on us,” said Ford.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station