Ford closes its factory in BrazilFebruary 22, 2019
This information was published by the press service of the American auto giant. The similar decision was made in connection with a stop of sales in the market of heavy pickups.
Ford Motor Co. Shuts down its plant in Brazil. The plant, located in the city of Sao Bernardo do Campo, is the oldest in the country. The release of the first cars started on it in 1967. The shutdown of the company will lead to the dismissal of 2.7 thousand employees, which will save the company $ 460 million.
The main reason for the closure of the plant automaker calls the decision to exit the business of selling heavy pickups in Latin America.
Today, the F-4000 and A-350 pickups and the compact Ford Fiesta sedan are being produced at the plant, and demand for them in the countries of South America is gradually decreasing. Previously, Ford announced the reorganization of its business in Europe and plans to close two factories in the Old World. Despite the rumors, the Russian plant in Vsevolozhsk was not cut.
- Updated Audi S8 spotted during winter trials
- 90-year-old man buys himself a 2021 Chevrolet Corvette C8
- Sketches of a Ford Bronco pickup accidentally hit the Web
- BMW X5 presented with 3D Design Aerodynamics Package
- Renault has created its own carsharing with electric Mobilize cars