Ford CEO resignsAugust 5, 2020
Ford has announced a new CEO. Current CEO Jim Hackett will retire this fall and will be succeeded by Jim Farley.
Ford’s announcement today that Jim Hackett will leave Ford more than three years after his appointment as CEO seems somewhat surprising. Hackett did well at the company, but decided it was time to start enjoying retirement – the CEO is now 65 years old. According to the American manufacturer, Jim Farley will replace him on October 1.
Farley is currently the COO of Ford, but is now moving to the highest position in the company. The 58-year-old is certainly no stranger to Ford and has worked closely with Hackett in recent years to make Ford more future-oriented. Farley is now challenged to continue the “transformation,” which also includes the deployment of additional electrical model lines.
- Sketches of a Ford Bronco pickup accidentally hit the Web
- BMW X5 presented with 3D Design Aerodynamics Package
- Renault has created its own carsharing with electric Mobilize cars
- Rare 1937 Bugatti Type 57S up for auction
- Dutch car company Spyker goes bankrupt