Ford CEO resignsAugust 5, 2020
Ford has announced a new CEO. Current CEO Jim Hackett will retire this fall and will be succeeded by Jim Farley.
Ford’s announcement today that Jim Hackett will leave Ford more than three years after his appointment as CEO seems somewhat surprising. Hackett did well at the company, but decided it was time to start enjoying retirement – the CEO is now 65 years old. According to the American manufacturer, Jim Farley will replace him on October 1.
Farley is currently the COO of Ford, but is now moving to the highest position in the company. The 58-year-old is certainly no stranger to Ford and has worked closely with Hackett in recent years to make Ford more future-oriented. Farley is now challenged to continue the “transformation,” which also includes the deployment of additional electrical model lines.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production