For “truckers” presented a bright novelty in the style of WesternMarch 31, 2020
The American company Western Star, part of the German concern Daimler AG, introduced the updated Western Star 4700 tractors.
4700 Series family bonnet trucks are the most sought after by American truckers. The Western-style model has been produced since 2011, and this year the company’s bestseller has been substantially updated.
First of all, the car received the latest 11.9-liter Cummins X12 turbodiesel, which can be ordered in various power options – from 350 to 500 hp. Depending on the modification, the torque reaches from 1700 to 2300 Nm.
The advantage of the new engine is its low weight, which should positively affect the carrying capacity and efficiency of cargo transportation. In addition, customers will be offered previous engines – the 9-liter Cummins L9 and the 13-liter Detroit Diesel DD13.
Another important innovation of the 4700 family was the new Detroit DT12 robotic gearbox. It has a hill climbing assist function and a traction control system that provides a smoother and more comfortable ride. In addition, the car received automatic emergency braking and lane control systems.
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction
- Photos of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 with solar panels on the roof published