Following the trend: Audi A1 hatchback will get a cross versionDecember 22, 2018
A new entry on registration of the name City Carver from Audi has appeared in the European Patent Office. This means that the German brand is already preparing to launch a crossover version of the A1 hatchback.
“We need more crossovers” – the guys from Ingolstadt thought and decided to release a cross-version of their own compact Audi A1 Hatch. At the moment, the name of the City Carver is already registered in the European Patent Office, which literally translates as “city carver”. Like the standard version, the cross-version will not get all-wheel drive.
According to preliminary information, the car will not receive any major modifications. As it usually happens – the Audi A1 Sportback will receive increased ground clearance by a couple of centimeters, a new kit with a hint of off-road capability, extended wheel arches, nameplates and additional decorative elements in the interior.
The motor line will completely repeat the proposed units on the standard version. Additional driving modes for the transmission is also not expected. Audi A1 City Carver will firmly enter the company’s lineup.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version