Fiat said goodbye to 124 SpiderAugust 27, 2019
Fiat management has announced the completion of the Fiat 124 Spider.
According to the director of the brand, Olivier Francois, at this stage the roadster requires updating the model, and sponsoring the development of a new design is not an economical way out for the company.
Fiat 124 Spider, quite a popular model in America. Last month this year, she managed to break Fiat brand sales records in the states. But even this fact could not change the firm decision of the leadership.
Recall that the 124 Spider was once discontinued. This model was absent in the Fiat line for a little over thirty years. But thanks to close collaboration with Mazda, the roadster was able to breathe new life. Therefore, already in 2016, the updated Fiat 124 Spider was shown to the public.
The car was built on the platform of the iconic Mazda MX-5 and was able to keep the sporting makings of a Japanese brother.
It is also worth noting that the Fiat 124 Spider was a pretty significant model in the history of the company. And although this project brought not a small profit, the management always considered it not quite a fiat. Perhaps on such an interesting statement, pushed the Japanese roots of the car.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires