Fiat models will start switching to electric mode automaticallyJune 4, 2020
Fiat launches its pilot project in an Italian house in Turin, which will enable hybrid models to automatically switch to “only electricity” mode if the car enters the city center.
It is known that this project was aimed at maximizing the environmental benefits of hybrid cars. It is also associated with the production of the first Fiat Chrysler Automobiles cars that are equipped with alternative powertrains. This project is called the Turin Geozone Laboratory. The project was based on a prototype system that has fully integrated on-board sensors that allow the machine to recognize when it enters a restricted traffic area.
Sensors can automatically turn off the internal combustion engine and switch the hybrid into electric mode. This would enable hybrid models to take advantage of electric cars in the city center. Note that initially this system was tested on the new Jeep Renegade 4xe.
- Tesla wants to license its autopilot software
- Rimac said he would do with the purchased Bugatti
- The queue for the Toyota Land Cruiser stretches for 4 years
- Mazda patented eight new brands
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to officially debut on October 26