Fiat has unveiled the appearance of a new stylish pickupFebruary 17, 2020
Fiat Corporation has published an official snapshot of the second-generation Strada pickup designed for the South American market. According to assumptions, the novelty will debut in the spring.
According to the local press, the Fiat Strada will be positioned as a reduced version of the Toro model and it will be offered, in particular, with a 4-door cab, but from the technical side the two pickups will not be much similar.
Most likely, the closest “relative” of Strada will be a Fiat Argo hatchback. At the 5-door, the pickup will borrow a stylish look, a 5-speed manual transmission and a 1.3-liter 4-cylinder engine. At the same time, in contrast to the hatchback, the new model will receive a spring rear suspension. Approximate load capacity of new items will be 700 kg.
Company officials have not yet confirmed the Fiat Strada’s debut date, however a recent commercial shot indicates that the premiere of the model will be held in the near future. In South America, the new generation will replace the first generation Strada, which has been available for over 20 years. It is unlikely that the new pickup will go beyond the South American market, as in Europe the compact Fiat line is represented by the Doblo heel and the Fiorino van.
- Electrification is gaining momentum: Volkswagen ID.3 nearly overtakes Golf
- BMW abandons a number of international events
- Volkswagen will cut production in Germany in February due to a shortage of microchips
- Genesis brings new items to Europe
- Kia’s new electric crossover could become the brand’s best-selling electric vehicle in Europe