FIA World Council backs agreement with FerrariMarch 8, 2020
The FIA Motorsport World Council “expressed unanimous support” for the decision to enter into a confidential agreement with Ferrari following an investigation into compliance with the Scuderia powerplant regulations.
Seven out of ten teams disagreed that the FIA’s decision was confidential, writing an open letter to the federation, and a closed one to Jean Todt and Chase Carey.
This issue was briefly reviewed at a meeting of the FIA World Council in Brussels, after which Council members unanimously voted for the next resolution.
“The Council expresses its unanimous support to the president of the FIA and the technical department of the federation regarding the consideration of this issue, speaking strongly against any comments that undermine the reputation and image of the FIA and Formula 1,” the resolution said.
Seven teams gave the FIA a week to formulate an answer to their questions.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network