FIA will introduce a single brake system in Formula 1April 30, 2019
In F-1, the regulations change again, and this time it concerns the braking system, which is planned to be changed by 2021. Motorsport has already launched a tender for the supply of relevant parts.
Before we already wrote that the plans of the automotive federation to make a single gearbox for all teams. A tender was also announced for its delivery. Such measures will allow teams to reduce the cost of expensive development, while giving a small increase in the speed of the car.
The deadline for applications for tenders is May 22. If everything goes smoothly, the FIA will announce the winner on 14 June.
The result of the tender will be a contract from 2021 to 2024 for the production and supply of brakes to formula teams. If the work of the manufacturer will be successful for the teams themselves, the agreement may be extended for another season.
- Updated Cadillac CT5 gets V Performance package
- Mercedes has updated the luxury SUV Maybach GLS
- Cadillac Lyriq will get an incredible projection system on the windshield
- Tesla admitted: yes, our bumpers fall off, and blow off roofs
- 80-year-old retiree drives a Ferrari F40 daily