Ferrari spoke about the “formulaic” aerodynamics of the new F8 TributoMarch 13, 2019
Ferrari told about the features of the aerodynamics of the new F8 Tributo supercar. Some of the solutions for the model, which has become the actual replacement for the 488 GTB, borrowed from motorsport, in particular, Formula 1.
So, in the front bumper of the Ferrari F8 Tributo there is an S-shaped air duct (S-Duct), which generates vertical downforce and directs the air flow to the rear of the supercar. The progenitor of modern S-Duct is considered the air duct on the formula car Ferrari F2008. The rear spoiler of the F8 Tributo is wider, it has a greater slope and, accordingly, downforce.
The bottom of the Ferrari F8 Tributo is completely flat. It is equipped with a new diffuser, which more effectively directs air to the brakes. Installed in the same vortex generators that increase downforce, migrated to a new supercar with 488 Spider. In addition, the F8 Tributo received a rear diffuser with active flaps, as well as a radiator system and rear air intakes, like the racing 488 Challenge. As a result of the improvements, the aerodynamic efficiency of the F8 Tributo compared with the 488 GTB improved by 10 percent.
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station
- Bloomberg NEF: US Lags Farther In The Battery Race
- IdriverPlus prepares for mass production of robotic wipers
- Volkswagen compared Tesla Model Y in detail with VW ID.4 to ensure its superiority