Ferrari 360 Spider crushed a bulldozer in the PhilippinesJuly 25, 2019
In this way, the country’s authorities have demonstrated their methods to combat the illegal import of cars.
The government of the Philippines arranged the demonstrative destruction of the Ferrari 360 Spider supercar. The car was smuggled into the country. The process of destruction of an elite car managed to shoot on camera. However, some body parts – doors and bumpers – were removed. According to rumors, they were sold to scrap metal buyers.
The authorities of the Philippines have always been tough on the illegal importation of cars into the country. Last year, by presidential decree, 60 cars worth over $ 5.5 million were destroyed.
These were mainly elite cars – Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, BMW, Audi, Jaguar and others. Such harsh laws apply in some other countries. For example, last year, the Australian government destroyed the Nissan Skyline R33, Nissan Silvia S13 and Holden pickup cars that were imported illegally.
- Ford believes robots will not replace humans when assembling cars
- See the unique Ferrari Omologata
- Tesla had to recall nearly 50,000 vehicles in China
- New Toyota Urban Cruiser cheaper than Hyundai Creta caused a stir among buyers
- Changan UNI-V sports utility vehicle reveals curious details