Fernando Alonso: The title in the WEC can not be compared with the crown of the champion of Formula 1May 8, 2019
In mid-June, Fernando Alonso has every chance of winning his first world title in the last 13 years. That is how many years have passed since the second and last championship of the Spaniard in Formula 1.
This is a title in endurance racing. Before the finals of the season-2018/2019 in Le Mans, Alonso, along with Sebastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima, are ahead of Toyota’s partners by 31 points out of 39 available. This means that it is enough for them to finish seventh or eighth (assuming they earned a pole score) to become champions even if Jose Maria Lopez, Camuy Kobayashi and Mike Conway win.
Does this title compare with two champions of Fernando in Formula 1?
“I do not think so. Formula 1 is the most significant category of motorsport, – Alonso quotes Crash.net. – At the same time, much depends on the difficulty of winning the championship. And we have the dominant car this season.
It is unlikely that Lewis Hamilton puts in one row his last four titles with the first in 2008, won in other circumstances. ”
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests